I was offered the position in Huntsville, AL! We are moving the last week of January 2009. My first day is on February 2. I will be working with a small team of women doing contract management/cost proposals. The job sounds challenging, and I can't wait! My new boss sounds like she manages her team a lot like my ex-boss/mentor did when I first started at Booz Allen! I will be paid the same salary and Booz Allen Hamilton is taking care of our relocation costs.
We were approved for an apartment 2.5 miles away from my new office. If you would like to check them out, you can go to the Vintage at Madison Crossing website: http://vintageatmadisoncrossing.com. Since Booz Allen Hamilton is part of their preferred employers list, we get 3% off our monthly rent. They also let us be a part of their current promotion. Even though we are not moving in till the end of January, we will have a 14 month lease beginning January 1, 2009. We get January's rent for free, and $1000 off the total leased rent. My understanding is that this promotion will drop our rent by $71.43 per month ($1000 divided by 14 months is $71.43 per month). Rent for the one-bedroom apartment we selected is $785, so this drops our rent down to $713.57. Additionally, we will get 3% off our monthly rent for being a Booz Allen Hamilton employee. This takes another $21.41 off rent, so we will be paying about $692 per month. We are paying $1020 for a one-bedroom apartment now. We'll see if I understood everything correctly once we get the actual lease. The lease should be sent to us sometime next week. We just need to get it notarized and we will be set!
1 comment:
Wow, girl you better get to packing :) It will be here before you know it. The day you have been wanting for a while has finally happened :) Congrats!!!
Post a Comment