It's already the start of the 7th month of 2010 and I'm just now getting around to updating my blog! It's not like I haven't been blogging due to lack of material; it's more like time just keeps escaping me! Actually, many exciting things have happened in 2010 worth writing about!
Our first bit of exciting (but old) news is that we're expecting a little one! We found out I was pregnant in February and have been planning ever since! Both of our families are very excited. For my side, I am the last of my siblings to begin having children, so ours will most likely be the "babies" of the family. On John's side, we're the first of his siblings to have children, so ours will be the oldest.
At the beginning of June, we found out that our little one will be a girl. She will be the first girl in John's immediate family, and she will be one of six on my side. Of course, being the planner I am, we had a name picked out for either sex. If we were having a boy, his name would be Godric Robert Fields. Since she is a girl, her name will be Ashlyn Skye Fields. We're very excited and still have plenty to purchase, and many projects to complete in her nursery.
My health has been great and I've been blessed with an "easy" pregnancy. I was not plagued with morning sickness, and I only have heartburn on occasion these days. Since I am on my way in to the third trimester (26 weeks this week), I will be seeing my OB every two weeks as opposed to monthly. I have a glucose test during my next visit (26 July), so I'm hoping I'll continue to have an "easy" pregnancy without gestational diabetes. So far, my health has been great...and so has Ashlyn's!
Our second bit of exciting news is that we're now homeowners! Not long after we learned we were expecting, we decided to begin looking at houses. After a full day of looking around town, and meeting one of the best Realtors around, we found a brand new home in a growing subdivision in Madison, Alabama. We signed the contract that weekend and moved in about a month and half later (at the end of April). We have "broken in" our home by hosting a house-warming party in June. Over the July 4th Holiday weekend, we hosted a small BBQ for our family members who live relatively close by. We're excited to provide a home for Ashlyn to grow up in, as opposed to an apartment. She will now have a yard and (hopefully) some friends in our neighborhood she can grow up with.
The third, and final, bit of exciting news was that I earned a promotion in April! I am now an Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton. I have also been with Booz Allen for 5 years (in May), so that milestone was recognized with an American Express Gift Card from the company. I'm told I will be receiving a wall plaque and a nice pen with my initials, but I haven't received those items yet.
It's been a blessed year for us and we're being careful not to take any of it for granted!
No comments:
Post a Comment