I've gotten lazy. I haven't been exercising regularly and my diet is horrible. I don't get enough vegetables or fruits, and I never drink enough water. No wonder I feel run-down and, in general, unhappy about myself! Last night, I told John it's time for a change!
John is the cook in our little partnership. He also does all the grocery shopping. Since it is just two of us, he cooks really easy stuff. The "easy" stuff tends to be the stuff that is the least healthy for you. We live off pasta, mostly. We do get some meats in there (hamburgers, steaks, and pork chops), but it's never a balanced meal. It's usually just a la carte.
Today being the first day of change, John has gone out and purchased a variety of weighted dumbells. We decided we will do some weight training together. We will also start taking walks again. We were getting good at taking at least one walk per week, but that has completely fallen off the radar. I still walk with a colleague at lunch. However, 2-3 laps around our building isn't doing much of anything other than getting us some needed fresh air each day. I did purchase a pedometer (one for me and one for John) online today. I figure I can set a goal to walk at least 10,000 steps per day and see where that gets me.
I updated my profile on Spark People today. It is an awesome, goal-oriented website that helps people set obtainable health and fitness goals. There is a "weight-loss" program and then there is a "staying healthy" program. Once you set up your profile, you can set personal/life goals. It's a really good site for those of us who like to see that their making progress by crossing things off on a list. The site gives you a meal plan and a suggested grocery list so you have what you need to prepare the meals on your meal plan. There are motivational stories, recipes, calorie tracker, and even a water consumption tracker! If you're interested in checking it out, go to http://www.sparkpeople.com! Look me up if you sign up!
I believe that because John and I are doing this together, we will be able to keep ourselves motivated enough to reach our weight and health goals! I have 12oz of water to drink before I've consumed 64oz of water today! It's a small step, but a step none-the-less!
1 comment:
WAY TO GO!! It is always easier for me too when Chris is really "healthy living". You guys will enjoy the walk together. A good time to talk and just enjoy each other without realizing that you are "working" by walking. Thanks for passing on Spark People I am checking it all out and getting it set up. Have a healthy day!!
Post a Comment