A new Huntsville opportunity has been brought to my attention! The Hiring Manager, Judy Drake (the same manager as before), emailed me on Tuesday, reporting that she is ready to hire a PBS (Program Business Services) person. She wanted to check with me before anyone else to see if I was still interested in relocating. Of course, I told her I was! She asked for some references at my current location. She plans to talk to them within the next week or so. She and I set up a time, today at 1:30p to talk about the particulars (pay, relocation reimbursment, job description, etc.).
I was dying trying to keep this quiet through all the excitement, but I wanted to be a little more sure about this than I was last time. There are still things that can go wrong, but having the position's scope change on me is not one of them this time!
Our conversation went well! She told me a little bit about the team of ladies I'd be working with. She explained that she is not a micromanager, but she does have set hours during the day that at least two staff members should be in the office. She is very "Booz Allen" in her way of managing, meaning that she allows flexibility in employees' schedules and doesn't require employees to check in with her at every move. I am very excited about that. We also talked about the area. I told her that I had already been looking at apartments near the office. She verified that the area the apartments were in was a "good" area. The only thing that really kept her from saying, "come on board" was that I don't have experience with Booz Allen Proposals. She said she believes the team can work around that because I have other desirable skills. She also would rather hire within the firm, than try and look for someone outside the firm. She said she needs to talk to her team, her Regional Manager, and one or two of my current managers. She does want someone out there by the first of the year, so I imagine I'll know for sure before Thanksgiving!
John and I will still have our wedding in Santa Clara, CA. It is still set for the same date and time. We will just have to fly out, like some other family members, and then fly back home after the Honeymoon. We are leaving for our Honeymoon on the 23rd of March from San Jose and arriving back into San Jose on March 31. If this does work out and we're moved by then, we'll most likely stay and visit for a couple of days, then fly back to Alabama over the weekend. We have a lot of flying to do in our near future. Since we would need to move out there before the first of the year, I will need to fly back to California in February, so that I can take care of my dress alterations and attend my Bridal Shower that Dana and Carolyn are kindly hosting for me.
1 comment:
very very exciting news...maybe you will know soon. I know it is hard waiting and waiting...hang in there.
Post a Comment